Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Chocolate coated raindrops

My English teacher, Amit sir gave me a challenge to write a poem on chocolate coated raindrops:



He looked around,
Hoping for some chocolate.
But all he could see was far stretches of barren land.

Life was tough,
Money was running out of hand.
Life was like a piece of barren land.

Drought
Farmer
Sadness 
Poverty 
Came to my mind.

Then a new word made its way,
Help
So I decided to rescue him from this pool of sadness .
And give him the pleasure called chocolate.

To make his life simpler,
To see a beautiful smile spread across his face.

So I gathered my powers,
Ready to spread chocolate.

He looked towards the sky
And slowly drifted out of the pool of barren land.
To step into a pool of chocolate.

He looked up,
And saw
Chocolate coated raindrops 
Falling from the sky!

In this poem, happiness refers to chocolate, he means farmer and I refers to God.

2 comments:

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...