Tuesday, October 3, 2017

The Tower of New

Firstly, I would like to apologize for such a late post. I have been working on 2 stories which I would be posting soon. I also had my exams for the last two weeks which didn’t really allow me to post. I wrote this poem today and thought of posting it. Here you go:



The Tower of Gloom stood tall,
Unlit and somber,
Covered with weeds of melancholy,
And a smoke of gloomy unimaginativeness .
The Tower was lonely,
Just like the girl who inhabited it.

She sat idle all day,
Looking out of the window,
At a scenery so cheerless,
That it wore out her smile.

She wore black,
Saw black,
And felt black.
The cloak of dullness hid the soul of cheerfulness.

She was stuck in the Tower,
For she thought that there was no way out.
But she was wrong.

An ordinary day arrived with an extraordinary twist,
And brightened up her life.

A cylindrical blue object came floating into the cracked window of the crooked Tower,
It had a smoothly cornered and flat-bottomed nib,
With a sharp tip.
It shone Golden.

It seemed familiar.
But she quivered.
What would this unknown yet attractive object bring to her?
How would it drift her out of this cheerless existence?
But negativity lost the battle.

Her hand slowly drifted towards the strange object,
And she felt a strange sensation.
Her feet rose above the ground,
And she levitated.
The strange object carried her.

She was amused,
But she trusted this unknown entity.
She didn’t let go.

The strange object carried her out of the tower,
Through her window.
Then she noticed something she hadn’t noticed before.
Another Tower that stood right across the Tower of Gloom.

The object carried her towards it,
And all she could do was stare at it with a feeling of awe.
She felt a sensation that she had hardly felt before,
Joy, it was called.

They reached the new Tower,
The Tower that bloomed,
With flowers of liveliness and rays of sunshine.
To the Tower which had no place for desolation


This poem basically reflects my love for writing. I am the girl from the poem. The tower is my boring routine life, the strange object is a pen and the new Tower is a reflection of my life after I got introduced to writing. I would like to dedicate this poem to my English teacher, Amit Sir who has always encouraged me to write and express my thoughts using ideas which are out-of-box.

4 comments:

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...