Saturday, August 24, 2019

Light of the soul



The orange sky had captivated me,
And was ready to gulp my yellow light.
The rays of my light grew dimmer,
And the glow of the sky grew stronger.
My light wasn’t ready to be overcast yet.
But the sky was stronger.
It did gulp me,
Slowly and steadily.
It did take my yellow radiance away,
But couldn’t extract my glow.
I came back when the orange sky turned an inky black.
This time I was white,
Unpigmented, colourless, drained,
But natural.
 My glow was mine,
Not the sky’s.
I was more me than I could ever be.
For I didn’t care what the colour of the sky was.
I only cared about what the colour of my soul was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...