Saturday, October 19, 2019

Poison


Stranded in the vast,
Ocean of thoughts,
I am.
The boat of acceptance glares at me.
Attracts me to its comfortable,
Well-supported self.
The relaxation of not trying,
Just accepting,
Attracts me.
But fear overtakes desire,
And turns into a state of fascination,
As I see the thin white paper boat on my left.
Not strong enough to bear the ocean currents alone,
It strives to float somehow.
For its willpower is strong enough to stay there.
I swim to it,
Mesmerized by its simplicity yet strong demeanour.
As I lift it,
I see two golden words written there,
‘Be yourself’,
It says.
And it talks to me.
“Run away from the boat of acceptance,
For it will gulp your uniqueness.
Run behind who you strive to be,
Not who others want you to be.
Be the golden sunlight,
Or the dancing daffodils,
Be the fresh blue sky,
Or the grey clouds.
Be who you want to be.
Embrace your soul,
And don’t let the poison of acceptance contaminate your pure self.”

And since that day on,
I am me,
Uncontaminated by the comfortable acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...