Sunday, December 25, 2016

Jingle bells



Christmas has always been a special festival. In India, we are Hindus, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and many more. We all live as a big family and celebrate every festival, irrespective of our religion.

I personally love Christmas. I actually know how Christmas is celebrated, even though I am not a Christian, thanks to my dear friend Avi.

Christmas for me has never been about red, green and white clothes or Christmas trees. It has always been about those Christmas parties that Avi used to keep every year.

As kids, I am pretty sure that each one of us had that slight belief in Santa Claus. Our parents left us gifts, and we thought that Santa Claus left those. The man in a red suit and with a white beard was like an angel for little kids. I think Baba Ramdev should launch a Patanjali Santa. If he gets a tond, dyes his beard white and wears one of those Santa hats, he’ll definitely look like Santa Claus.

My Christmas as a child was filled with Christmas parties at Avi’s house. I am pretty sure I can never forget the taste of guava cheese or the plum cake or the homemade chocolates or the cookies which she used to give every year on Christmas. The Christmas parties were filled with food, fun and games. I remember Avi and Oli (her brother) arguing for the choice of song almost every second minute. I remember those boys v/s girls games which were tie many times. Food was always delicious and the sweets to die for.

I was in a convent school for 7 years. So most of my childhood was spent in a Christian school. Our Christmas parties used to be super fun. We used to dance, click pictures and eat. It used to be fun.


This was Christmas for me. I love Christmas. A merry Christmas to all!

Image result for chumbak christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...