Saturday, February 25, 2017

The melting ice cream

This poem has a story. My friends, Shruti, Tina and I were getting bored. So we decided to take up a poem challenge. Each one of us gave a topic to the other. I won’t disclose the topic Tina gave me or the suspense in the poem would go. I gave Shruti the topic racism and Tina was given the topic Harry Potter. So here is my poem from this challenge, dedicated to these two lovely people:



I had a dream the other day,
The earth was lit up in flames.
The lively blue and green,
Were turning into a dead black.

The color of death was prevailing.
And the colors of life derailing.
Fire was increasing,
Liveliness was decreasing.

The monster of fire was gulping life.
And the earth was choking with soot.
Life ceased to live.
And death got a new life.

The temperature was shooting up.
Earth was perspiring heavily.
Sweat was draining life.

I woke up with a start
My science textbook was by my side.
I saw the topic I had been studying last night.
The heading read Global Warming.


Image result for paintings on global warming

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...