Friday, March 24, 2017

The liquid called life

I have been posting many poems lately. I promise an article next month. 
I am on vacation. Vacation for me means sitting at the sea shore on a beach and just closing my eyes. I am at a lovely beach in Egypt and really felt connected with the sea. Water is something I absolutely love. So I personified it:



Sea is my name.
The liquid of life is what I constitute.
I stand proudly as an immortal in a world that's mortal.

The soft yet coarse, grain-like sand is the body I reside in.
I adorn ornaments of all colours.
Every small stone is a piece of jewellery for me.
The colourless yet full-of-life liquid is my soul.
Every tiny creature of various tints and shades is each thought that crosses my mind.

The up and down movement of my soul is a symbol of my worries.
Some reach the shore and disappear forever.
Others stay in my soul forever.

The stream of life flows,
The cycles repeat.
But I stay on forever.
Everyone merges their worries with my calm soul.

Sea is my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...