Saturday, June 11, 2016

The hideous red spot



One little red spot changes the lives of many people. We all get that red spot, at least once in life. We feel like punching our own face to get rid of the spot, and sometimes actually do it. We feel like just bursting or cutting it, but do not actually do it.

We think we look hideous with the red spot, but we forget that beauty isn’t just outer beauty.

It must be tough for you to guess what this red spot is, but it is really easy to guess it. It is a pimple.

For girls, pimples are a big deal. We girls try all sort of awkward stuff to get rid of that one red spot. We put our own saliva on it, we use toothpaste, Lacto Calamine, face washes, remedies that some random relative has suggested and sometimes the stuff we do is so awkward that we ourselves have no idea what we are up to. In fact, I have seen girls cover their throughout the day to cover that little red spot. They don’t even uncover their face to eat their lunch! Is fasting going to erase the pimple? I can’t imagine a single day without food. Besides, I would never sacrifice my food for a PIMPLE. Food should not be sacrificed for such a small red thing.

Apart from this, I find the society’s reaction to this whole pimple thing very stupid. I got a pimple on my nose recently. One of my friends asked me, “Aastha, what’s that on your nose?” I replied, “What do you think it is?” She answered, “A pimple.” Why do these people keep asking us and keep embarrassing us about this small one thing? Don’t you ever get a pimple? Getting a pimple is a normal thing! Everyone gets a pimple; it is the truth of life.
Looking at the society, sometimes I feel that a pimple can change your life. But the truth is that it depends on you how much you allow it to change your life. Don’t let that red spot take away your smile. Always remember that if you are beautiful on the inside, your outer beauty doesn’t matter.


Let pimples come and go. But you keep smiling forever. 


6 comments:

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...