Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Georgian



I am sitting on a red, old chair with a black folder in my hand and a placard spelling ‘GEORGIA’ . I have been at this place for the past 6 hours. I’m not bored, but extremely excited about what’s coming next. I am carefully listening to each and every delegate about what he/she has to say and am actually noting down stuff.

Have you ever heard a long boring speech? MUN would appear to the world as something similar to that. But to me, it was one of those action-packed, full of masala Hindi film that should not ever end. MUN for me was a concert of my favorite singers, an Assembly of diplomats who were strangers yet known people to me, a collection of people who taught me tons about life.

So, what was this MUN? I didn’t write an entry last week as I was at the Pune Model United Nations. MUN is basically a version of United Nations for students. We are assigned a country and a committee and an agenda. So we had to research and talk.
I spoke for just 2 minutes at MUN. But those 2 minutes were like a dream come true, like floating on a cloud and flying to heaven and like finding bliss. I had researched dozens and it all just evaporated into a 2-minute speech.

I made friends, learnt, spoke and enjoyed MUN a lot. There were 150 delegates in my committee, so there was loads to learn and absorb. The list is long so let’s not get into it.

Have you experienced something that leaves you spellbound and wanting more? Well, MUN was that for me. I watch Quantico every week, and I want more than that one hour of that show every week. So even after 12 hours of MUN, I want more.

I don’t really like McD burgers much, but for MUN I can definitely say, I’m Lovin It!

If you ever hear someone calling conferences boring, tell them to find their way to a MUN. 

Image result for pune model united nations 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perks of being alone

Solitude. They call it. Self discovery. I call it. My parents are on a trip to Thailand. Honestly, I thought I’d just sit at hom...